“Eureka!” cried Archimedes as he leapt from his bath and went running naked through the streets of Syracuse, Sicily. Apparently he was very excited about discovering how the whole buoyancy thing works. Sadly, the legend probably isn’t true, but his famous principle is. This copper gauge lets you see it in action every time it rains.
Archimedes’ Principle—which states that the upward buoyant force exerted on anything immersed in fluid is equal to the weight of the fluid that the object displaces—is why boats float. It’s also the reason the tube in this rain gauge rises as its base fills with water. Known as a pluviometer to science types (you know, the ones who might enjoy hearing all this Archimedes stuff when you show them your cool new gadget), it’s available in a patio-ready tabletop version or on a garden stake. Made in New Paltz, New York.
- made from plastic
- Stake: 24" H
- Gauge: 6" H x 3" diameter
- Maximum capacity of gauge is 5.5"
Occasionally clean the tube and flute with warm, soapy water and a bottle brush. Do not use lubricants or abrasives.
- We work directly with manufacturers all over the world to ensure the best quality of our products. We have a Quality Control department which helps us to keep our promise!
- Price is always competitive.
- Awesome Customer Service
- Amazin products along with High Quality
- We ship to worldwide.
- Standard shipping typically takes 7-15 business days (excluding weekends). If your order is not delivered by the estimated delivery time, please contact our friendly customer service for assistance!
- Free Shipping For Orders More Than $39.00
PayPal is welcomed here.
If you don't have a PayPal account, we accept all credit cards: just select 'PayPal' and click the 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card' button.
We're thrilled to support First Book - an amazing charity that donates books to disadvantaged children who need them the most.